Friday 16 September 2011

Reunion song

Reunion song.
Fellow trainers,
Hope we have not forgotten the traditional woodbdage song. This is meant to be sung at woodbadge and reunions.
Enjoy the song.

Note: This song is traditionally started by someone asking the question, "Are there any Beavers in the house?"

  I used to be a Beaver, and a good old Beaver too.
  But now I'm finished Beavering, I don't know what to do.
  I'm growing old and feeble, and I can Beaver no more.
  So I'm going to work my ticket if I can.

Chorus:
  Back to Gilwell, happy land, I'm going to work my ticket, if I can.

(Repeat with other Wood Badge patrol names in Gilwell order: Bobwhite,
Eagle, Fox, Owl, Bear, Buffalo, Antelope, Crow and Wolf.)

Additional Note: In the line "I'm growing old and feeble, and I can Beaver no more." the patrol name is often replaced by some term describing the action the particular animal might do. For example, for the Eagle Patrol, "Eagle no more" might be replaced with "soar no more." The Antelope Patrol might be heard to say "and I can lope no more," etc.

This is at it is being sung in Gilwel.
woodbadge.ws

No comments:

Post a Comment